Comments, the voice of experience and discussion regarding strength and muscle-building from a 67 year-old with a masters in exercise physiology and more strength and muscle mass NOW than when a competitive weightlifter over forty years ago

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

TWO WORLD'S RECORDS AND BOOK RELEASE


Readers, I would like to update you on some rather remarkable events:

First, I just recently broke two Masters Level Word's Records in the strict curl during international competitions,under the governance of two separate but world-wide, drug free and drug tested weightlifting federations. Second, my newest novel, DARWIN SMILED, was just released. DARWIN SMILED is about a genetic freak of strength (if one wants to be very simplistic, as simplistic as saying that WATER FOR ELEPHANTS is mostly about the training of elephants). I figured the breaking of a few world's records would lend validity to DARWIN, so I timed the release of the book with certain competitions.

DARWIN SMILED, by the way, is self-published. This was a tough and, for me, demeaning decision. During the late 80s I was the guy Stephen King was excited enough about to endorse my books with St. Martin's Press. Oh, well. I grew
tired of praise for my writing but no offer to represent me because no one could imagine how they might successfully pitch a book to editors that was so "eclectic," so . . . cross-genre (Consider that the small amount of feedback I've gotten so far from readers are in the form of emails praising DARWIN SMILED as a unique and engaging romance). Anyway, please take a look at the book on either amazon.com or barnesandnoble.com, because I'm quite proud of its "look." My wife, whose paintings have won her a summer position as the Artist in Residence for eight years running, designed the cover.

Thanks for "listening". DARWIN SMILED - The tale of a motherless child gifted with superhuman strength and the sensual angel who saves him. Yes, a "strongmam" book,
but . . . sooo much more! Read the descriptive paragraphs on amazon.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment


Followers

About Me

My photo
Troy, MI, United States
Born 3/21/47 *** First workout was Christmas Day, 1960 *** Never stopped, never looked back *** No steroids, ever *** 5'9, 215 lbs *** Arms first hit 18 inches at age 60 *** First World Record (age group, strict curl) at age 64 *** Published novelist with St. Martin's Press with two books endorsed and recommended by Stephen King *** Married, four grown kids: an Artist in Residence appointee for Yellowstone National Park (wife); a winner of the CFO of the Year for the State of Michigan award (son, John); an orthopedic surgeon and Carnegie Medal for Heroism recipient (son, Bob); an engineer who can stict curl 200 lbs at 197 bdwt (son, David); and the RN everybody falls in love with and asks for when in the hospital (daughter, Katie)***